Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Word Play

Since I injured my right hand yesterday (blame it on a light door and a strong gust of wind) I've been trying to type with my left hand, and slowly getting better and faster at it. Tedious though. Note to self: become ambidextrous as soon as right hand is back in action.

I've also been using more shortforms than I usually do, in emails and while scrapping, although I try and avoid them usually. But I refuse to use some of this new-fangled language that the internet has given rise too. Some pet peeves:

* It's Could, not cud. Cud reminds me of a cow.

* Would, not wud. Please, lets not lose ourselves in the woods.

* And- not nd. It won't hurt that much to type an additional vowel.

* That- sigh, tat just sucks.

* Girl- I'll never be your gurl if you can't spell straight.

* Friends- frenz is not cool, it's not hip.

* With, what- wit, wat...please, please don't drop your "h's"

* The- d. Imagine "The End" as "D End"

14 comments:

Yoda said...

LMAO! Ain't that the truth? I stopped texting when I reached the young age of 22. Speaking in three letters is SO not my cup of tea.

Wanda said...

I got my tongue all tangled up just trying to read your post...Boy am I old fashioned!!!

Radha said...

haha, its the language for the lazy!!

Megster said...

Yoda,

What's LMAO?

Wanda,

I couldn't agree more!! I am quite old-fashioned when it comes to speech (and other things:))

Radha,

Yup! But it looks so unattractive!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hehe...i almost grinned sheepishly when i read the cud and wud's in ur (:D) list.. ....not into texting at all but some how its crept into my writing ..guess the amount of e-mailing that i do is to be partly blamed for it!
tho' (:D again) i can't stand the dropping of "h's" either!!! am turned off the minute i see a that spelled as "tat" and "with" as "wit" .....reckon, i need to pay more attention to the way i write, esp. here :DD

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

and LOL @ LMAO ....:DDDDDDD

Megster said...

Moi,

hehe...you can write whatever you want:)) I'm guilty of an occasional slip as well:)) Although I try to avoid it as much as I can..dunno if you're on Orkut but its catching on like the plague there!!

Megster said...

Moi,

Do you know what LMAO is???

Suramya said...

Meghna,
LMAO is a short-form for Laughing My ASS Off. Its commonly used in chat rooms/IM's and texting.

NetLingo.com defines a lot of these terms. So check it out if you are getting bored and have some free time.

- Suramya

Megster said...

Thanks Suramya!

As you can see I am a l'il bit outdated, hehe:)

suramya said...

I plead guilty :(, I occasionally do that, especially a u for a you and ur for a your,used to make a conscious effort before but I seem to have been carried away with the others, time to clean up the language :)

Megster said...

Suramya,

haha..I admit I do that too..u and ure and l'il and dunno((: For som reason though, they don't seem seem as bad, maybe because they've been around so much longer:))

Radha said...

So hows your right hand now?

Megster said...

Perfectly fine now, thanks:) The index finger was the most bruised, but fortunately, life is back to normal now:))